Week three of the Director’s Class provides an integral foundation for understanding our culture of possibilities. From Michel Foucault to Jay Leno, Dr. Horner argues that our current cultural climate has “an unbearable lightness of being.” While Nietzsche and his heirs have pointed out that we now live in an empty space, one still feels that something matters, that something is at stake in how we live. Is our individualized religion anything more than the self-fashioning our current culture pushes us towards? Or do the individual meanings we fashion point us towards a larger meaning, towards something deeper?
Recent Audio Posts
- Week 12: “Creative in the Image of God” – The Artistic Creativity of Jesus December 7, 2016
- Week 11: “Creative in the Image of God” – J. R. R. Tolkien November 28, 2016
- “Confident Pluralism” by John D. Inazu – led by Chris Musgrove November 17, 2016
- Week 10: “Creative in the Image of God” – Sabbath, Suffering and New Creation November 14, 2016
- Week 9: “Creative in the Image of God” – Grace November 8, 2016